Importing Transaction registers duplicating Item History records
Lee D Papworth
11-30-17
For as long as I can remember I have used the import feature as a way to correct certain fields by exporting the record in question, amending relevant data then re-importing.

My customer running SERP 8.1 16-03-31. Whenever I have been exporting Sales Orders, amending them for various reasons and reimporting it is actually duplicating the FutOrVc record in Item History!

So this has the result of duplicating the actual sales order quantity on the item status for every item on the order.

The order also shows twice in the Item Status.

Can someone please explain why this could be happening? I have used this method for years without this issue. Is there a new setting somewhere I am not aware of?

Erik Munoz
12-5-17
Hello,

Please report the issue so we can verify it and fix it

HansaWorld
Julia Underwood
12-7-17
Reconfirming Lees's Point. When importing records over existing, they save and create a new Item History record as if the record were new. It is extremely easy to demonstrate.

From Sample Data - Export all PUVc records.
In a text editor set the records to overwrite
Import file.

View in Item History, all PUVc records will be duplciated

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024