REST API Write functionality
3-5-19
Hello,

From the REST API documentation, we are not sure if the most recent release has the functionality to allow REST API to write to the database. If yes, then is there any more documentation to show the commands for that.

Was wondering if someone could clarify that for us.

Thanks,
Rozmin
Giuseppe L.
3-8-19
Hello Rozmin and thank you for reaching out to us with your enquiry.
I confirm we support RestAPI with both POST and GET calls.
We are working on the documentation, and every new release of it is available on our Portal in the section Education at this address:

https://partners.hansaworld.com/restapi-docs

Best regards,
Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
3-13-19
Thanks Giuseppe. That is well noted, i did manage to go through the education section and got the steps.

Much appreciated.
3-20-19
Hi Giuseppe,

With regard to the REST API functionality, we have a few concerns related to updated data;
1) How can we fetch or get only updated data after a specific time interval?

2) How will we know if updates are available for specific registers?

3) How do we get a created and updated timestamp of each record? to avoid conflicts because we are going to push and pull data at certain intervals, because for a few updates, it becomes a very lengthy process to get all the information and update accordingly.
For example, Table A has 10 records on ERP and using GET we fetched all the records from ERP. Now a few updated made on the same table so, how do we get only updated data using the same API.

4) Currently, the data being fetched is in XML format. Is it possible to fetch the data in JSON format.

Awaiting your help.

Thank you,
Rozmin
Aldevinas Katkus
3-20-19
>2) How will we know if updates are available for specific registers?

I am using like this IVVc?sort=TransDate&from=2010-01-01&to=2010-01-31
You could use RegDate for some registers to find out when it was created.
Aldevinas Katkus
3-20-19
Created byAldevinas Katkus15:21 20 Mar 2019
>2) How will we know if updates are available for specific registers? I am using like this IVVc?sort=TransDate&from=2010-01-01&to=2010-01-31 You could use RegDate for some registers to find out when it was created.
Sorry, should be IVVc?sort=TransDate&range=2010-01-01:2010-01-31
Aldevinas Katkus
3-20-19
Have you tried to write to the DB in the v. 8.5 with OAuth authentication?
my test with 8.5 2019-03-12 (build 85281014) wasn't successful to update an item using PATCH http method:
query string was
http://localhost:1080/api/1/INVc/00000000?set_field.EUCodex=1234566

3-25-19
Created byAldevinas Katkus16:09 20 Mar 2019
Have you tried to write to the DB in the v. 8.5 with OAuth authentication? my test with 8.5 2019-03-12 (build 85281014) wasn't successful to update an item using PATCH http method: query string was http://localhost:1080/api/1/INVc/00000000?set_field.EUCod
Hi Aldevinas,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have not tried with OAuth authentication.

Also still not very clear on the other points we mentioned i.e.

1) How can we fetch or get only updated data after a specific time interval?

3) How do we get a created and updated timestamp of each record? to avoid conflicts because we are going to push and pull data at certain intervals, because for a few updates, it becomes a very lengthy process to get all the information and update accordingly.
For example, Table A has 10 records on ERP and using GET we fetched all the records from ERP. Now a few updated made on the same table so, how do we get only updated data using the same API.

4) Currently, the data being fetched is in XML format. Is it possible to fetch the data in JSON format.

--
Regards,
Rozmin
Aldevinas Katkus
3-26-19
Created by08:27 25 Mar 2019
Hi Aldevinas, Thank you for the feedback. We have not tried with OAuth authentication. Also still not very clear on the other points we mentioned i.e. 1) How can we fetch or get only updated data after a specific time interval? 3) How do we get a
I have reported a Rest api write functionality bug, which is always repeatable with demo data.

>1) How can we fetch or get only updated data after a specific time interval?

I would use updates_after and/or RegDate field in some registers (TRVc) to fetch only new records. I have a note: if we specify "updates_after=0", "offset" does not work - records are fetched from the first one. This could be fixed at this time, don't remember which exact version I have tested it with.

3-26-19
Created byAldevinas Katkus09:41 26 Mar 2019
I have reported a Rest api write functionality bug, which is always repeatable with demo data. >1) How can we fetch or get only updated data after a specific time interval? I would use updates_after and/or RegDate field in some registers (TRVc) to fetc
Thanks and is it possible to fetch the data in JSON format.
Giuseppe L.
4-1-19
Created by08:27 25 Mar 2019
Hi Aldevinas, Thank you for the feedback. We have not tried with OAuth authentication. Also still not very clear on the other points we mentioned i.e. 1) How can we fetch or get only updated data after a specific time interval? 3) How do we get a
Hello Rozmin,
thank you for your detailed request.
I escalated this support enquiry to our Development manager.
We will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Giuseppe
HansaWorld Italy
4-2-19
Created byGiuseppe L.12:01 1 Apr 2019
Hello Rozmin, thank you for your detailed request. I escalated this support enquiry to our Development manager. We will come back to you as soon as possible. Best regards, Giuseppe HansaWorld Italy
Thank you, awaiting.

--
Regards,
Rozmin
Giuseppe L.
4-2-19
Hello,
about "1) How can we fetch or get only updated data after a specific time interval?"

I regret to inform you that You can fetch only data in specific range (between 2 sequence numbers) or after specific sequence number. We base all on sequence numbers in general at the moment.

about:"3) How do we get a created and updated timestamp of each record? to avoid conflicts because we are going to push and pull data at certain intervals, because for a few updates, it becomes a very lengthy process to get all the information and update accordingly."
We do not support dates of creation or update time stamps.

about:"4) Currently, the data being fetched is in XML format. Is it possible to fetch the data in JSON format."
We support only xml format as return.

Best Regards,
Giuseppe
4-3-19
Created byGiuseppe L.18:02 2 Apr 2019
Hello, about "1) How can we fetch or get only updated data after a specific time interval?" I regret to inform you that You can fetch only data in specific range (between 2 sequence numbers) or after specific sequence number. We base all on sequence numb
Thank you very much for the feedback.

--
Rozmin
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024