flds2>arp->fldcount
Neil
3-1-18
Can anyone tell me exactly what the error "flds2>arp->fldcount" means? (Standard ERP v 8.4)

Once a client attempts to connect to the server this error appears and shuts down. All I could discern is it is related to the fields defined in the hal compared to the database.

I can only reproduce it in client-server mode and only it appeared when I added data to a newly added field in an existing block.

This is the block I suspect is causing the issue:

BlockBegin(PMBlock,-,"");
NewAutosyncHBlock(kSyncDirectionToClient);
RecordField(Math,M4Matrix,0,0);
ArrayBegin(Math,-,1);
... existing fields ...
ArrayField(LastNo,M4Long,0,0); //Added Field
ArrayField(Reporting,M4Set,96,0); //Added Field
EndArray;
EndBlock;

Both client and server have the halcust and an export->import has been done.

My question is what exactly triggers this error and is there any way to debug it further than this generic error message?

Omar Dottin
3-5-18
Hi Neil,

This error means that there is a mismatch with fields in the database. Please ensure that the data that you have is on all clients as well as the server.

Troubleshooting:

1) Please add HAL rules correctly to the technics module on client
2) Export client data and reimport
3) Restart client

I hope that this solves your problem. Thanks!

HansaWorld Support
Gastón Salomone
10-11-18
Dear Omar,

We have same problema with a customer with two companies.
Users can login into company 1 but when they want to switch to the other company same error appears.

Its not a hal problema, because we delete halcust folder, do expo/impo without hal files and still happens.

There is no way to login into company 2 and if I delere hansa.hdb from the client folder and tried to login to company 2 as first choice, I receive the error and client shutdown.
Then I´m not able to see login screen anymore, I run Serp executable and error appears.

Is there any way to see which is the register with problem?

Giuseppe L.
10-12-18
Hello Gastón and thank you for reaching out to us with your issue.
Omar and I will double check with our programmers if you can debug to understand which register effects the system.

Please stay tuned.

Giuseppe

HansaWorld
Omar Dottin
10-12-18
Hey Gaston, did you delete the HAL rules from the client when you deleted the Halcust folder?

Omar
HansaWorld
Gastón Salomone
10-15-18
Hi Omar and Giuseppe ,

Finally we found two problems that were causing troubles.
One problem related to switch between companies was resolved and was related to some configuration on Global users and a tick in Optional Functionalities.

But the other error is some kind of bug similar to the error specified by Neal.

We add a new field to standard Block "TaxAuthIDBlock" and that was cousing troubles.
That block is only use in Bolivia and when users tried to login into the company with that VAT Zone, error appears.

Since the block in 8.0 Register format, must be defined again with all standard fields and new ones, I think there is some problem how SERP is creating database on Client Side. I don´t think SERP is taking notice of that new field and then then block structure between Client and Server is different.

I delete the new field and everything was Ok. Also the hal file with the Updated window definition to show the new field, did not provoque hal error. BUT when user tried to login into second (Bolivia) database, the error appears in server log, but nothings happends.

I have other clients with modified standard Blocks but this is the only with with multiple companies with different VAT Zones.

Regards

Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Thank you very much for the help. Best Regards, Daniel...
07:07 28 Apr 2024
Andis Blicāns, Grasko
Hi, We have client using 8.5 2021-09-26 (build 85400383). The fields "Max Web Users" and "Max Sessions" ar blank. Server is closing itself almost every day. Message in hansa....
15:52 26 Apr 2024