Blank Ship-To Addresses
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
9-18-17
Hi,

Every time I ask I am told the SERP will default the Bill-TO address as the Ship-To address if the Ship-To is not filled but I have not seen this happen.

Is this actually something SERP does or is it just another thing to fix using HAL?

Deliveries are printing with no address when I put only Ship-To on them.

Please clarify if we are not doing something correctly please.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne
Paul Timms
9-18-17
Hi Wayne

Yes it works like that. If the order has an invoice address but no delivery address, then when you create the delivery record, it copies over the invoice address and this is what prints on the delivery note.

Paul
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
9-21-17
That is not happening for us?

I am going to test again.

Thanks,
Wayne
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
9-23-17
Okay is there a setting that needs to be set? This is not happening for us by default.
Dejan R.
9-27-17
Hi Wayne,

1.) When you create delivery from sales order is the invoice address pasted on delivery on tab "Del. Address"?

2.) What is the field name you are using on form for printing out address?
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
9-27-17
Hi, we upgraded to recent version August 217 and things are working now as expected.

On Invoices - We use "Ship Address", and discovered we need to use "Ship Address 3" to get the Ship address company name. "Address"is what we use on Deliveries.

On Sales Order we use "Delivery Address" and to get name "Invoice to Name"... did not make sense but code inspection point us there.

Can someone go clean up variable names and get them constant? Even if you put aliases on form.

Like set up "Delivery Address name" = "Invoice to Name", it is very difficult as none HW employees to get around these type of inconsistencies without a HAL programmer digging into code to see what is what.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
11-2-17
Well this seemed to be wrong, it is the variable we are using....it seems that on Delivery Note the Delivery Address is in the "Invoice to Address".

Sounds like good logic to me.

Hope the next newer Partner see this when they get spun around. lol!
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi Rasmus, We use Global Users as apposed to the Persons but No, the users don't have "Password never expires" ticked - none of our users do. So are you saying we should have this t...
13:19 29 Apr 2024
Hi there, We've noticed that the current version (8.5 2024-03-16) flickers and pauses every minute or so when installed in standalone mode - we have standalone installations for support purpos...
13:08 29 Apr 2024