Server details cleared when client cannot connect to server
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
1-24-18
Hi,

I noticed that the last two times I forgot to ensure my wifi was connected and started SERP before noticing. The system took a long time to time out but cleared the setting from the client. Is this now the way things will work.

Should we be advising client to keep the server setting for their system on hand if travelling as SERP can lose settings if you try to start the client without Internet access enabled?

Thanks,
Wayne
David Smerdel
3-6-18
I have noticed this issue as well on several occasions - or, rather, my customers have noticed it.

This is very annoying, as it often requires outside intervention (not everyone is comfortable setting up a connection).

Is this a known bug? Surely it can't be a feature?

David
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
3-6-18
Had this happen again yesterday to an End User. The system not only cleared the Local Machine and the client connection setting. reinstalling the client and when it started.

IP
Port
Save

"Enter Machine code"

The client would not allow us to simply set the IP and port.

I had to use a space in the Machine Code and that worked but then each start up was generating a Sync message that reported two type of records were being sync (0 records) and the only option was to Quit.

I decided to uninstall completely and it worked with just the IP and Port.

This is a nightmare for clients as the User travels a lot and if she forget to connect to WiFi first, she gets this issue.

Luckily it is one of our people so it is not like we could lose this client but we need someone to look into this.

Wayne
Paul Timms
3-7-18
Hi Wayne

Yes this happens to us too. However regarding your second part, you must have pressed Sync With Server instead of Connect To Server.

Paul
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
3-7-18
Maybe...I will pay closer attention next time to see if it reoccurs.

Thanks for the heads up Paul.

Wayne
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024