Mails being overwritten
Paul Timms
10-5-21
Operating system: Windows
A customer reported that when they created a mail from a sales order, it also linked an unrelated purchase order (record and PDF) to the mail record. Looking at the mail history, the first entry is "Routed to Internet", which corresponds to the time of the mail queue record for the purchase order. The next entry is "Created" which corresponds to when the mail record was created from the sales order. The time difference was 17 minutes. This should not happen.

Looking at the source code, it must be this line which is failing to get the next free number:

Mailr.SerNr = NextSerNr("MailVc",Mailr.TransDate,-1,false,"");

This is worrying as this code is used throughout the system. It's a GDPR failure if incorrect attachments are being sent to external people.

Is this issue known about? The customer's version is 8.5 2020-08-13.
Aldevinas Katkus
10-6-21
Does this customer has issues with wrong PDFs (from another company/contact) attached while sending emails via maintenance "create open invoice customer statement".
It sounds very similar to that.
Try to debug FormLinkDocumentFileNames().
David Smerdel
10-11-21
I encountered some issues similar to that when I enabled HTML mails at a customer. They disappeared when I removed it.
Aldevinas Katkus
10-13-21
Created byDavid Smerdel18:36 11 Oct 2021
I encountered some issues similar to that when I enabled HTML mails at a customer. They disappeared when I removed it.
Do you mean a checkbox "HTML" in the Standard Texts?
As far as I can see in the code, this defines whether an email is an HTML email or not.
10-13-21
We had this kind of problems - was related to mail created by users with closed mailbox.

Example:
1. User1 (his mailbox is closed) sends e-mail from SalesOrder
Since the mailbox is closed, the e-mail is created, but will not actually be saved, but PDF is created and SalesOrder gets the link to e-mail.

2. User2 (his mailbox is open) sends e-mail from Invoice.
This e-mail is saved and has SalesOrder and Invoice as attachments + links to both records (SO+Invoice) since they are related to the same e-mail number.

Was solved with HAL - did't allow sending e-mails if the mailbox is closed.
10-13-21
Why does everyone have a name and I don't? :)

//Flaviana
Bror-Erik Kotiranta
11-9-21
Created by14:16 13 Oct 2021
Why does everyone have a name and I don't? :) //Flaviana
Ask Dev Managers why (Katrin/Kae), they need to see what is up
Bror-Erik Kotiranta
11-10-21
Created by14:14 13 Oct 2021
We had this kind of problems - was related to mail created by users with closed mailbox. Example: 1. User1 (his mailbox is closed) sends e-mail from SalesOrder Since the mailbox is closed, the e-mail is created, but will not actually be saved, but PDF i
Please report a bug about this behaviour
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024
Hi Dave, Thank you for the message! Can you please report this as a bug and inform if you get anything in the hansa.log during the flickering. Thank you! Best regards, Rasmus...
09:35 30 Apr 2024