Comment on why you should remove your weak eMail module from the syste
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
10-29-17
Hi,

Today I discovered that almost all of my emails have been deleted by SERP.

Removing myself from an email where I am the only recipient and expecting that the email to be kept never happened. eMails are no longer attached to the activity (still there) we are using to capture them and is not reliable. Maybe it's setting.

SERP has so many bugs in the email system that it is not worth advertising that you support email. I think we have reported bugs in eMail for 4 years now and none have been addressed. Even the question on what you expect a customer to do with your ".bin" files have gone unanswered. Is it that your team just have no clue what you are doing when it comes to email and understanding how companies use email?

When will Hansaworld actually fix this email system and not just be satisfied that your emails work internally?

Rhetorical question: I have switched to Outlook!! We need software a company can rely on.

Wayne Dinzey
Wasting my time sell HW's email system
Swati D.
10-30-17
Dear Wayne

Thank you for your comments.

The Standard ERP email system has many advantages for our clients.

We are able to store business information within the product without using 3rd party add ons which require more maintenance.

From a disaster recovery and security standpoint, confidential information like Quotations, Orders, Invoices, as well as Purchase information remains within the database on the server where it is easily accessible in the cloud.

As discussed previously with you on this topic, all bugs related to the problems you are experiencing were reported and escalated to the highest level as we fully understand the importance of emails to your business.

The bugs have since been verified and are with Development awaiting a fix as explained to you.

We understand your frustrations and are doing our level best to resolve these issues as fast as we can.

We assure you of our best interest at all times and will keep you up to date on progress. Please see update on progress from our Development Manager.

Currently the messages are available, when you click on the email paperclip icon. Although this is not ideal at least the information is not lost.

Once again apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your customers

Assuring you of a speedy resolution of your problem

Swati

wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
11-3-17
HI Swati,
Thanks you the marketing speak but the reality is that this email system is the worst thing in SERP in my opinion. My opinion is what determines what a client gets when they me for my opinion.

SERP cannot keep track of the original date the email was received, at least not visible to the user. So SERP has the info and the USER - the person, who uses the info, cannot see it.

SERP will not print the original date an email was received, so in a legal or internal audit, SERP email is useless.

SERP will not allow users to sort email by the original date received, so when a client referrers to an email received if they did anything to it...that date is no longer valid to the conversation.

Today a supplier invoiced us for a product that they claimed shipped to us on Oct 24th, our AP person came to me to ask about it. I added her to the email where I queried that shipment on Oct 30, 2017, so she could forward it to the supplier showing that their sales person told me to hold on for delivery for a few more days. When she tried to forward that email it claimed the date for my email was Nov 2, 2017. SERP just altered a document that has legal consequences.

Clunky, difficult to organize and alters legal legally binding details and that is just the date on the email. Then after all the functionality lacking but not listed here, there are the bugs.
The list of poor functionality and bugs is too long for this post. I am not trying beat down SERP, I am just looking for a team how a company uses their email systems and why all your additional functionality must be just that, Additional Functionality. Not supporting the basic functionality expected in an email client is not competitive.

Hansaworld has it good with us as we are a Partner we are quicker to give SERP a second chance as we would really like to sell the email systems. The potential is massive but customers, they are not that forgiving, they want functional not promising.

So I am on OutLook and I am not LookingOut for when SERP is ready for me to try again. Let me know and I will schedule a review.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024