Prevent users from deleting mail
Paul Timms
1-23-19
I'm looking for a way to prevent users from deleting mail, due to a bug in 8.4 which causes GDPR issues. I've looked in HAL source but since mail can only be deleted from the browse window and not the inspect window, the standard RecordRemoveTest does not apply and I cannot find any function which runs when deleting from the browse window.

Does anyone know how to do this please?
David Delač
1-30-19
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your enquiry. I will look into it and come back with a possible solution if there is one. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
David D.
HansaWorld Support
David Delač
2-5-19
Hello Paul,

Sorry for delayed response. One way you could prevent users from deleting email is to block deleting of records in Access Groups setting. If this is not an option for you please let me know.

Best regards,

David D.
HansaWorld Support
Paul Timms
2-5-19
Hi David

Yes that's an option, although not a particularly good one as it then prevents deletion of any type of record. Is there no way to code HAL to prevent deletion of email records?
David Delač
2-5-19
Hello Paul,

This is not possible with HAL as deleting records from browse window is coded directly in the engine.

Best regards,
David D.
HansaWorld Support
Paul Timms
2-7-19
Thanks David, that's what I thought. I'll tell the customer to manage it in another way.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024