Prevent users from deleting mail
Paul Timms
2019-01-23
I'm looking for a way to prevent users from deleting mail, due to a bug in 8.4 which causes GDPR issues. I've looked in HAL source but since mail can only be deleted from the browse window and not the inspect window, the standard RecordRemoveTest does not apply and I cannot find any function which runs when deleting from the browse window.


Does anyone know how to do this please?
David Delač
2019-01-30
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your enquiry. I will look into it and come back with a possible solution if there is one. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
David D.
HansaWorld Support
David Delač
2019-02-05
Hello Paul,

Sorry for delayed response. One way you could prevent users from deleting email is to block deleting of records in Access Groups setting. If this is not an option for you please let me know.

Best regards,

David D.
HansaWorld Support
Paul Timms
2019-02-05
Hi David

Yes that's an option, although not a particularly good one as it then prevents deletion of any type of record. Is there no way to code HAL to prevent deletion of email records?
David Delač
2019-02-05
Hello Paul,

This is not possible with HAL as deleting records from browse window is coded directly in the engine.

Best regards,
David D.
HansaWorld Support
Paul Timms
2019-02-07
Thanks David, that's what I thought. I'll tell the customer to manage it in another way.
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Paul Timms
Hi Andis, if you go to Support > FAQ, there's a section containing all of the known parameters. Paul...
15:06 11 Sep 2026
Paul Timms
Is it possible to use the parameter --skip-register-on-import with multiple registers, either by using a comma-separated string or by specifying this parameter multiple times in parameters.txt? Thi...
15:00 11 Sep 2026