Nominal/General Ledger accounts not deleting
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
2-5-18
SERP -> General (Nominal) Ledger -> Accounts

We have a client who just realized that an account defined on the Chart of Accounts is never and has never been used.

I validated this by running reports against that account as far back as the system was first used and the client is reporting this accurately.

I could not find the unused account in any control account setting and it is confirmed to have never been used yet SERP is saying that this account cannot be deleted.

Can anyone explain how I would go about removing this unwanted account from the chart of accounts?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne
Simone M.
2-5-20
Hi Wayne,
if you get the message "This account may not be removed",
it's because this account has been used and you might not seen it in the report because the transaction has been invalidated.
If you don't need that account anymore, you can open the Account's record and select the option "Closed".

Best Regards,

HansaWorld Support
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
2-5-20
Thanks Simone but that question was posted exactly 2 years ago. I have since gained a lot more experience and we have figured that part out but I do appreciate knowing HW has people working this forum once again. ttyl
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hi, Thank you for reaching out! What error do you get in server log and client log when you run the report? Please check that you have Multi Thread activated in Systems>>Settings>>O...
09:10 15 Apr 2024
Hello, Thank you for reaching out! We did testing in sample data in current released version 2024-03-16. This is not repeatable with this combination. We recommend you to report this as a bug w...
09:08 15 Apr 2024