Strange communication error never seen
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
7-18-18
Hi,

My client is getting a message...

"Unknown communication protocol violation. Incorrect server or wrong encryption key are possible reasons."

Can some please explain what this is?

Client is running 8.4 and hosted with HW. USA customer. We suggested they restart their server and get back to us if it continues.

Thanks,

Wayne
Omar Dottin
7-19-18
Hi, this error message occurs when there may be an encryption key embedded within the client it could be that the client that is being used is not compatible with the server that is running.

We recommend you to first open the Companies setting and make sure no encryption information is recorded. If the server restart does not work, then please try to connect a new client to the server by using the Connect option through MyStandard. Thanks!

wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
10-20-18
Completely forgotten who this happened to but thanks for the update.
Paul Timms
10-22-18
This can also happen if the HANSA.HDB is renamed, and the service is started back up. It creates an "empty" HANSA.HDB which is not set up for remote access, and the client gets that message.
Paul Timms
10-25-18
I also saw this message today when trying to run the Recompile HAL Files maintenance, when a report was running. It didn't log me out, but I had to wait until the report had finished before it let me recompile.
wdinzey@dpdsoftware.ca
11-3-18
Thanks, will cast to memory.
Paul Timms
11-8-18
I also had this when trying to import a file, while a report was running.
Neil
12-4-18
I am seeing this again with another client on 8.4. It occurs intermittently while a user is importing or exporting anything preventing them from completing the operation.

Today they had tried multiple times to export over a period of 30 minutes until it eventually worked. I checked the logs and though there were reports run and invoices/other documents printed during this time frame, I didn't see any long running operations that lasted for more than a few seconds.

In the client log I do see:
"M4status try again" around the times they are getting this error message, could this be related?

Omar Dottin
12-5-18
Hi Neil,
This bug has already been reported and escalated to the table of our lead programmers
Omar Dottin
12-5-18
Hi Neil,
This bug has already been reported and escalated to the table of our lead programmers
Kate Kaufmane
5-20-19
Hello,
What is the status with this bug?
Omar Dottin
12-19-19
This bug has been fixed, we have made some updates to this function. Updating to latest 8.5 version should not bring this error. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Omar
Leave Comment
You can subscribe to notifications for this post by selecting the 'star' icon on the top right corner of the post.
Back to the list
Latest Posts
Hello, Kindly please report the bug so that we can further investigate and resolve it. Thank you. Best regards, Benjamin...
11:31 3 May 2024
Hi, No changes should have been made that would increase client's HDB file. Please try to delete HANSA.HDB from client folder and reconnect to server and check if it will grow to 30MB again. ...
10:14 30 Apr 2024